Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Look what I can still do!

I just spent a couple of days in Toronto and had a visit at Kelly's new gym: Manjak's Gymnastics!


I did some playing around and could still manage a double layout off the good ol' fast track.

It felt pretty awesome to be in the gym. Sometimes I don't realize how much I miss it until I start fooling around again…

It's actually a bit funny  - I've been having a lot of gymnastic dreams and flashbacks lately. While I was running the other day, I had a total out of body experience where I was immersed in the moments right before I competed in Athens. How in the world did I handle that pressure?? The butterflies were fluttering so quickly in my stomach, but I also felt so grounded, confident and ready in my mind.

I'm starting to feel like I need to get back to my roots and spend some more time in the gym. I was born to flip, swing and tumble - I need to start feeding that part of me again.

Congratulations on your new gym Kelly. I'm so proud of you!



No comments: