Friday, January 18, 2013

Lance Armstrong

I met Lance Armstrong in 2005. He was a nice enough guy…


But I am pretty disgusted with all the attention he is now getting for admitting that he CHEATED all those years. I'm also disappointed to admit that I'm just as intrigued as the next person... 


What's a really sad reflection on our world, to me at least, is that he'll have a "Tell All" book out soon, it will sell millions and everyone will soon forget about the lies and deceit of the past and hail him as a hero and advocate in the fight against anti-doping in the future. That's total bullshit. What's also bullshit is that he probably got paid a lot of $$$ to exclusively tell Oprah.


The REAL heroes are the athletes who train(ed) and compete(d) clean their entire careers. The ones who don't cheat to get to the top. The ones who are honest and don't look the world in the eye and blatantly lie on multiple occasions. I think we should be putting more resources into celebrating them. 


And I think Lance owes more than just an apology to the world - I think he can take most of his $100 Million and put it back into the system that he so cowardly (and now openly) deceived...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Day by day gymnastics increasing popularity. I love it very much.. My daughter is very interested in rhythmic gymnastics,She want to learn it . I am near the miami beach so I am looking for a gymnastics miami, Florida I know little about Miami gymnastics . So please help me to find out a professional gymnastics.