Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Kyle's 30th Birthday Challenge in Support of RIGHT TO PLAY!


In celebration of my 30th Birthday on May 6th, I've decided to take on a BIG challenge: I'M GOING TO RUN A FREAKIN' MARATHON!

On first consideration, running 42.2 kilometres seemed next to impossible; especially for someone who spent their former life running 24.65 meters full speed towards a stationary object and flipping over it backwards. Therefore, to start my 30's off with courage and stare directly into the face of fear, my mission is to complete the Calgary Marathon (all 42.2km's of it!) on May 27th, 2012! 

A personal quest is always more meaningful when you simultaneously help others while grinding through the process. With this in mind, I'm hopeful that you're open to helping me raise some significant funds for one of my favourite organizations: Right To PlayBonus: all donations will receive a tax receipt.

My training started on January 1st, 2012 and it's been a rich adventure full of intense suffering and fulfilling victories. I've pounded the pavement in some pretty rad locations including Greenwich Park in London UK, Central Park in NYC, the valleys of wine country in Sonoma, California and various pathways in my awesome hometown of Calgary. Check out the tag 'Marathon Training' on this blog to follow the adventure. 

If you were going to buy me a beer on my BIG 3-0, please make a contribution to my quest instead. It takes just $50 to provide RTP programming to one child for an entire year. That's way more rewarding than watching my drunk a** stumble around and declare my undying love for the universe, now isn't it?!

My fundraising goal is $1000. Please help me get there so when I'm suffering from creaky knees and cement feet at 36km's, I'll have some great motivation to push through the last 6.2!

Here's the link to my fundraising page: http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1361643

Much love and much thanks :)

Kyle

No comments: